Dental Crowns are common and are a way of fixing chipped, broken or damaged teeth. These rebuilding efforts are comprehensive in that they cover all tooth surfaces. If your tooth is harmed however not lost, a crown can be placed to reestablish its shape, appearance, and functionality. A Dental crown Calgary NW is a hollow, synthetic tooth used to cover a damaged or decayed tooth. The crown restores the tooth and protects it from further damage, and can be used to replace a discolored one as well.
TYPES OF DENTAL CROWNS:
Crowns made from various kinds of materials. That depends upon the tooth that needs a crown whether it is a front one or the back one, your dentist may suggest a combination of elements that are right for you. Such as:
• Metal crowns made of gold. They, for the most part, last quite a while and won’t break. They tend not to wear out your natural teeth. Nonetheless, the gold shading does not look normal, especially on front teeth.
• Composite crowns look real. They will not damage as quickly as porcelain crowns, but they tend to wear more rapidly from chewing. Moreover, harsh tooth brushing removes the highly polished surface of these crowns, and this causes them to damage more easily.
• Porcelain crowns look the most natural. However, because they are more brittle than metal or composite and may damage more easily, they are not usually placed on back teeth.
• Porcelain fused to metal crowns look natural and are stronger than their composite counterparts. They are more long-lasting than porcelain or ceramic crowns. Depending upon the thickness of the gum, the metal crown may be prominent.
Crown treatment is the premium dental service you can get. It is expensive because it is technique sensitive and the materials that are involved in the procedure are expensive. So, if you are interested in a long-term, cost-effective, esthetic and durable restoration, a crown may be the best treatment option for you.
DENTAL CROWNS ARE RECOMMENDED WHEN:
1. You have a tooth that needs a filling but will exceed the natural tooth structure.
2. Your teeth have extensive damage, tooth decay, and fracture lines.
3. Your teeth are discolored and have compromised tooth aesthetics.
4. Your teeth have undergone root canal therapy. After root canal therapy, teeth become brittle and are more susceptible to fracture. Root canaled teeth need to be protected with dental crowns.
SOME BENEFITS OF DENTAL CROWNS AND BRIDGES
• Reduce risk of gum diseases
• Help to correct bite issues
• Improve your speech
SOME DISADVANTAGES ARE:
• May have to remove healthy tooth structure
• Potential sensitivity and possibility of needing root canal treatment
• The chance of recurrent decay
COST OF DENTAL CROWN:
The cost of NW Dental Crowns Calgary varies depending upon the teeth treated; the quality and experience of the dentist, materials used in making the dental top, and on the dental insurance that you may or may not have. In Calgary, dental insurance companies cover most of the cost of dental implants.